How Can We Help You?
It is helpful to understand what the admission process entails when entering rehab, what to bring and what not to bring. At our Rehab Centre, we understand that making the decision to seek help for your addiction is not easy. Our alcohol rehab and drug addiction programs will help you towards recovery.As such, we ensure that our patients are well informed, understand the steps and are ready to start their healing journey.Our Medical, Therapeutic and Program staff have world-class programs designed to provide a clear path to recovery. Each client’s medical history and situation is unique as are the treatment programs. Our number one priority is to ensure your well being. This means proper assessment when you arrive and immediate placement into medical care. Our Medical team and physicians will then supervise the client during the detox withdrawal process.Once the client is medically cleared from detoxification they are then transferred to their room. Each client is examined and assessed by our Physician. A detailed treatment plan is then designed for each patient based on specific substance abuse.From there our team of Therapeutic and Programming professionals take over to implement your recovery program:
To participate in the 1000 Islands Addictions, you must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Physically and medically stable to take part in treatment
- Motivated to take part in your own recovery
- Capable of self-care
Prior to admission to 1000 Islands Addictions, we conduct a confidential assessment. We evaluate all aspects of physical and mental well being. This includes addiction specific issues, physical health, emotional health and the ability to commit to treatment. In some cases, we may need to speak to your therapist or physician to create a proper treatment plan.
On Site Programming
Each clients condition will vary when they arrive out our facility. Some of the first steps in your program may include:
- Facility Orientation
- Thorough Medical Assessment
- Assignment of Primary Counsellor
- Assignment of Room or Bed
- Treatment Plan Discussion between the Client, and Counselling Team.
- Treatment Program for Aftercare
What to bring?
The following are a list of high priority items to bring with you:
- Photo ID (e.g. Drivers License, Approved School ID)
- Government Issues Health Card
- Medical & Prescription Coverage Cards (if applicable)
- Prescribed Medication*
- Over-the-counter medication and supplements.
- A list of all medications with dosages and frequencies**
- A list of all treating physicians, psychiatrics, along with phone numbers.
*in original containers, recommended to have your prescriptions filled to cover the duration of your stay.
** preferably printed from your pharmacy (if possible).
- Preferred Laundry Detergent, Dryer sheets
- Ice Skates, snowshoes (winter)
- Cigarettes – if you are a smoker.
What to leave behind?
The following are a list of items and belongings that are not allowed:
- Suggestive, tight fitting clothing: jeggings, leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, clothing exposing cleavage, see-through garments, etc.
- Clothing suggestive of or promoting alcohol or drug use, racism, sexism, pornography, or homophobia.
- Electronic devices (tablets, cameras, laptops, camera enabled MP3 players)
- Cologne or perfume – we are a scent free facility
- Drug paraphernalia
- Valuables or jewelry
- Expensive sunglasses or watches
- Alcohol based products
- Candles or incense
- Electric blankets or heating pads
Please Note: Cell phones will be held in your own personal secure lock-up. You are not permitted to use them at the facility unless under supervision.
At 1000 Islands Addictions we understand everyone’s unique circumstances. Our goal is to work on solutions for long term successful recovery for you or your loved one. Addiction treatment is a life changing commitment. We know that timing is important for a successful recovery. Our goal is to always admit clients on the same day as their assessment.
Our staff is always available to answer your questions. Call us Today at 1-855-885-5805.