Holistic Approach to Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment and rehab has to be the right fit for the individual in order for it to work. Too often, addicts who are in desperate need of help find themselves in treatment programs that are well-meaning and may be effective for other people, but just don’t work for them.
Finding the right addiction treatment program can be a dilemma: on the one hand, you want to take the time to do your research, but on the other hand, there may not be any time to spare.
CALL OUR TOLL-FREE HELPLINE NOW AT 1-855-929-4045 or SEND US A MESSAGE
A Rehab Program That Is Personalized
The only way you can be sure that the program you are in is right for you is to choose a facility that creates customized plans for each individual. No two people are the same. Everyone has their own unique challenges and circumstances that have led them to their addiction, and the way out of addiction needs to be unique as well.
At addictions.ca, not only do we recognize that everybody is unique, we embrace and value the differences. When you come to our facility, the first thing we will do is spend time talking to you so that we can learn your story, find out what your likes and dislikes are, talk about the goals you want to accomplish both during and after the inpatient treatment phase, and just get a sense of what attributes make you you.
We use all of this information to put together a treatment plan that will be effective for your own set of needs and circumstances. Your custom plan is developed with consideration for several factors, such as the following:
- How long has the addiction been going on, and what circumstances precipitated it?
- What is your general state of physical and mental health?
- What are your relationships like, and have they suffered as a result of the addiction?
- What are your interests and skills?
- Are there any social, cultural or spiritual elements that need to be considered?
- What do you want to accomplish in your personal, professional and spiritual life when rehab is over?
A Rehab Program That Is Holistic
In the health and wellness field, which includes the realm of addiction treatment and rehab, a holistic treatment plan is defined as one that is “characterized by the treatment of the while person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.”
What this means is that when you come through our doors, we not see an addicted person. We see a complex human being with goals and dreams, who is in pain and needs help. We see someone for whom addiction is a symptom of an underlying problem.
For most people, addiction is rooted in context. Most people who drink alcohol do not become alcoholics. A glass of wine is merely a pleasant beverage. But for others, that glass of wine might be an escape from a stressful life, from the realities of an abusive situation, from the clutches of depression.
While you are at our facility, we do not treat the addiction, we treat you, the person. That means taking care of your physical and mental health, ensuring that you are nurturing your body and mind, helping you explore factors that may have contributed to your addiction, and guiding you through the process of mending damaged relationships.
A Rehab Program That Includes Many Treatment Options
When most people think of rehab, they picture people sitting in group therapy sessions pouring their souls out to one another.
While group therapy is an aspect of addiction treatment and rehab, it is not the only component. Our treatment plans are customized for each individual, so it is important for us to have a lot of treatment modalities to choose from. Most treatment plans make use of a combination of methods.
Our treatment methods include:
- Individual counseling: psychotherapy; cognitive behavioural therapy; dialectical behaviour therapy
- Group counseling: group therapy with fellow residents of our inpatient facility; family therapy with close friends and family members who are an integral part of your life
- Physical health: medical detox to ensure safe withdrawal; nutrition coaching and healthy meals; physical fitness coaching and workout schedules
- Mindfulness: yoga; meditation; mindfulness coaching
- Life skills: Skills training; team building exercises; life coaching
- Creative therapies: Art therapy; music therapy
What if the treatment plan isn’t working?
We endeavour to get your treatment plan right the first time. But occasionally, we may need to tweak a plan during your stay. This can happen for a number of reasons:
- Something in your treatment plan isn’t working quite the way we expected
- Your plan works in the beginning, but your growth trajectory necessitates changing it
- You discover a new skill or interest during your stay, and we see an opportunity to incorporate that in you treatment